Wednesday, February 22, 2012

RIP Whitney

I've spent countless hours in my life listening to Whitney Houston songs. When I was little it would be in front of the mirror with a hairbrush pretending I was her. Whitney songs were always part of my singing lessons, I remember being so proud when I hit the high notes in "I will always love you" during one of them.
"The Bodyguard" has and always will be one of my all time favourite movies. I cry every time.

My connection with Whitney reached a huge and eerie high the night before she died. Away for the weekend with friends, after a few drinks and games of celebrity head and charades, I was asked to sing. But not just any song. A Whitney song. As my voice echoed through the holiday house I felt happiness. It had been a while since I had sung anything, let alone Whitney!! I realised I missed singing and felt a joy come through me. I sang once, twice and was begged for a third time which I happily agreed to. The next morning we heard the news of her passing. And although shocked and saddened by this early end of a legend, I smiled. I felt I had given Whitney my own little tribute. I will never forget what her music has done for me in my life. I will always love her.


Love Angie.L

No comments:

Post a Comment